Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Went Serangoon to play soccer again this morning. Possibly the last Sunday soccer session. Next Sunday is Christmas. After that is New Year. I took bus 105 today. Lucky it's 105 'cause I overslept and woke up at the bus terminal, which is about 10 minutes walk away only.

They were not playing at the usual field though. The usual field is under major maintenance and is not playable. In fact, for the past few weeks, the condition of the field was quite bad, so it's good that it's being repaired now.

They went to a nearby field to play. Certain parts of this field are slopes, and the shape is irregular, so it's weird to play there, but weird field is better than no field.

Me and YS are the latest to arrive. There are a total of 14 of us, split into 3 teams. 1 team is short of 1 player. And since YS and I were the latest to arrive, we were asked to play for that team whenever our team is not playing. Which means we played all the games? Tiring but fun.

[IMAGE: TH and JX]
TH and JX
After that I went down to East Coast park to join Sharon, TH, FL and JX for inline skating. I came about 20 minutes later than them. Of the grouop, only TH and JX knew how to skate, Sharon and FL are still learning. I don't know how to skate too. TH wanted me to rent a bike instead of the inline skates. He said that he and JX can't take care of so many newbies. But I thought it's quite hard for me to cycle with them as the speed will be too slow. So I got myself a pair of skates anyway. The shop that we goes to is 2 hours for the price of 1. I am not sure their 1-hr-rate is the same as the other shops though. Skaly it's double the other shops, Haha!

[IMAGE: Sharon and FL]
Sharon and FL
I've tried inline skates before, but it's only for a few minutes and I did not really get the hang of it yet. But I've tried roller skating before. Can't really skate, but can move somewhat. So when I put on this pair of inline skates, I can already move a bit. At least I can do it a little bit better than Sharon. :P

[IMAGE: Sharon and TH]
Sharon and TH
Gasps! Gasps! Scandals!!
No lar, Sharon can't skate much, helpful TH giving her a helping hand only. :)

[IMAGE: Haggard me]
Haggard me
Anyway, after 1 and 1/2 hours of inline skating, I think I now have a better feel of it, but still not mastered it yet. Balancing is still not good. I need more practice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home