Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

No, I am not getting married. I have never been married. So if you come here cos u search in some search engine for wedding tips, this probably is not too helpful to you...

Quite a number of my frens have gotten married. Talking to them made me realise that most of guys would rather to do without the ceremonies and dinners. If they could have the choiec, they would prefer to just ROM and get a house and jus live there with the wife with minimum fanfare. But the expectations of their parents and wife and in laws are demands that they could not run away from. They always tells me that the whole process of getting married is such a hassle that all men would rather not do.

Maybe I am the odd 1 out. Maybe it's just cos I have never done it and therefore am in a illusion of the grandiose of weddings, but I am of the opinion that if I am getting married to the woman that I love absolutely, I would love to have a big party about it. Invite the whole world to witness and share in the joy of it.

Of cos, there's more to wedding than the dinner. The preparation before it is probably a killer for alotta guys. There will be alotta demands from the soon-to-be in laws. Alotta instructions from the parents. House renovation to take care of. Guest list to be compiled. Pictures to be taken. Etc, etc. I probably will have missed out on quite a number of stuff. If the tasks to be performed is due to tradditions, I think I will gladly do it. It's these kind of memories that you will look back with fondness in the future.

I am not really in favour of getting a diamond ring though. I feel it is over rated. In all the traditions of the world, none of the wedding rites involved a diamond ring. The diamond ring is quite a recent discovery, and yet it managed to wedge itself into the heart of every wedding. Brilliant marketing. I guess this is not my choice though. It's too deeply ingrained into all modern womens' mind that a diamond ring, a big 1, is the most important part of the wedding.

The other thing I am not in favour of is the photo shots. I am of the opinion that photos are to capture memories. Getting a good photographer for the wedding ceremony, ROM ceremony, wedding dinner is a must. But going to studios to take pictures in various costumes, bring the photographers to various places to pose for shots, I think is meaningless. What memories is there to capture? After spending a few thousand dollars for a photo album, which is onli used for display at the reception at the dinner.

Anyway, all these things I onli say say only. Next time when I get married, if I managed to get married, the demands of the missus might just change my opinions...

That and financial constraints.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home