Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

This must be some boring post. Who would be interested in knowing where I had my lunch? :P

Bugis Bak Kut Teh

Anyway, I went Song Fa Bak Kut Teh, or better known as Bugis Bak Kut Teh. They used to be opposite bugis MRT, but the building had been torn down sometime back, and they moved across the road.

bkt-location

For those who lost the stall when they moved, this is my hand drawn map, not to scale. Cannot use from streetdirectory.com, that one have to pay.

The grey blocks are roads, obviously. And you can see Bugis Junction on the top right corner. The top left corner is where they used to be, in next to Raffles Hospital. The green patch is a open piece of land, with pasar malam deployed there once in awhile. There's a little pathway thru the land. Following that path will lead you to Rochor center, and you will see a Kopi Tiam on the right end of the building. Song Fa BKT is inside. From the map, you can see that it's diagonally opposite Macdonald's, and directly opposite Fu Lu Shou building. Oh, Red cross is Macdonald, Yellow cross is Song Fa.

Back when I was still working in Ecquaria, I went there for lunch quite a number of times, and as I am always the one ordering, the uncle can recognise me. When I go with only 1 or 2 friends, he'll say "So little people this time?". In mandarin of cos. This time, he said this to me, "You just went in the army? You are very dark."

He was spot on. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, this is very nice black pepper water.

If you want, you should try the Bak Kut Teh in Bukit Merah hawker centre.

9/05/2009 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home