Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, November 06, 2005

I always go to this comic shop in Pearl Center in Chinatown for comics. I went down on Thursday and find that the management had taken some weird actions against 2 bad tenants.



The 2 long rectangle wif certain parts colored red and blue are 2 rows of shops. The rest are the corridors of cos. The 2 red boxes are 2 massage parlours. They always have skimpily clad gers standing at the doorway asking passerbys if they wanted to go in for a massage. It certainly looks like they are providing more than massages. The blue box is the comic shop that I frequents. I marked the doorway with yellow lines.

The building management has always received complaints from the public for being harrassed by the massage ladies when they walked past the shops and they had banned the shops from soliciting customers in the corridors, but the shops turned a deaf ear to the ban.

On Thursday, I found 2 areas outside the shops with the tiles broken up like there's some renovation work going on. I marked it green on the picture. They cordoned of the tiles area so that the public will not wonder in. I marked the cordon area with 2 brown lines. This effectively cut off access to the 2 massage parlours. Unfortunately, it also restricted access to the comic shop. I forgot to mark the place of the lift, but it's somewhere near the bottom left corner. Now I can't walk straight to the shop, but to walk around the top corridor to reach the comic shop.

The comic shop auntie told me the management purposely do the tiles there so that the 2 massage parlours no business. But by doing that, they affected her business as well. I wonder why they can't just terminate the lease and saves themselves trouble and won't affect other innocent tenants. Oh well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home