Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I had my lunch at 4pm today. Not because I am too busy. But I had no appetite at all. It's until 4pm that I feel up to eating anything. There's a soccer session later, so I have to eat something for energy.

I fell asleep at my desk this morning as well, though I do that even when I am not sick, this time it’s really due to me being sick. And my manager saw me. She say I should not sleep in the office. Sigh…

And when I leave at 6pm to go with the others for soccer, she says that since I go work at 9:30, my official time should be 7pm, I shouldn’t leave at 6pm. I explained to her that I am joining them for the session, then she say it is ok. I must have given her a bad impression. This morning she asked me to check out some error on a system something that I know nuts about. In the end she found it out herself without much effort. But that’s to be expected. She’s familiar with it, I aren’t. There was another problem last week. I was working on another project and did not manage to find a solution to that problem. She got that too. And the project that I am working on got shelved, I wonder for what reason.

The soccer session is quite good. My colleague who was away on 3 weeks just came back and joined us for the 1st time since I joined the company. I think he's the only 1 among my team who has some standard. He plays with a brain. He can hold the ball and he knows to run into space, draws away defenders and pass into space.

There's 1 guy who is quite fit, can run with the ball somewhat, but unfortunately, when he holds the ball, he only knows to run forward. We don't play corners, all out are given to the defending team. Our goal is only waist high. Our people can't head. And yet he likes to run to the byline and gives either the ball to the opposition when they kick it out, or cross to the center where no 1 can head, even if they can, with the ball so low, it's going to be pretty difficult. But he shoots quite accurately. He scored 1 and almost scored a 2nd. And if he decides to pass, it's always to the man furthest up field, regardless if there are other people in other good positions.

And then, there's me. I can't run with the ball well enough, though I managed to trap the ball well enough when it's passed to me. I can spot people in good position but I can't pass that accurately to them. And I managed to complete a couple of nice passes though. And when I shoot, it's always off target.

After the game, I am dead beat. And with my ailing body, I just slept till 10+pm once I reached home. No appetite for dinner at all. I can't even make the effort to bath. It's really bad. But I feel much better after the sleep and I can eat some stuff now. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Blogger THierry said...

Falling sick again? Take care man...

4/28/2006 1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u siao liao lar...leave such a bad impression 4 the manager haha

4/29/2006 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home