Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

[IMAGE: Old KVM switch]
Old KVM switch

This is the digital KVM I've been using for the past 1/2 yr. I have 2 pc, 1 for work stuff, and the other is my personal machine. Since I do not have the space to put 2 sets of monitor, this KVM switch saves me alotta space.

If you don't know what is KVM, it means keyboard video mouse. This switch enable me to let 2 PC share 1 set of KVM. I switch between the PC by hitting the following key combination:
<Scroll-lock> <Scroll-lock> <Esc>

About 2 months back, this switch failing on me. The mouse for 1 of the machine cannot be detected and I have to plug in a separate mouse. But when the second mouse connect conk up on me yesterday, I know it's time to get a new KVM switch.

[IMAGE: New KVM switch]
New KVM switch
There. Sitting nicely between my 2 PC and my monitor.

This time, I get a analog switch. I heard it's more durable. But the down side is that I have to reach up to turn the switch. Keep forgetting and press <Scroll-lock> <Scroll-lock> every time.

Let's hope this can last me longer than the digital one...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home