Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This morning, as I was walking to the bus stop from my house, I was treated to a nice back view of a thin, long haired lady. It's a good way to start the day.

As I was walking behind her (we happened to be on the same path for awhile, I am not stalking), I begin to wonder what she looked like. From past experience, most of the time when you see a nice back view of a lady, and she turned around, you would prefer she do not.

A similar thing happened on Sunday. We were in Colin's car and we passed by a lady that looks quite nice from behind. I told them that lady looks quite nice from behind, but she better not turned around. She did, and I was right.

This morning, that lady did not turn around. After a short distance, she began to walk another direction and we were separated without me getting a look of what she looked like, so she remains pretty in my mind.

Every time I see a nice back view of a lady, I want to know what she looks like, despite the fact that most of the time, I would be left disappointed. How about you? Would you prefer to just look at and appreciate the back view than run the risk of being disappointed when you finally get to see her face?

To speak in a broader sense, how many times have we been afraid to make changes because the current climate is good enough? There's a saying that goes, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". Is that correct?

Last night, a friend was telling me about how he's efforts are not being appreciated by the management. He wanted to leave, but that company had given him quite good terms to work there. He was concerned about not being able to find a company with as good, if not better, benefits.

If we are in a good position now, do we seek to improve or do we strive to be better every time?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home