Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Friday, May 11, 2007

I've been watching Hong Kong TV serials recently. 2 incidents in 2 different series have set me thinking. A male character were diagnosed with a terminal disease and do not have much time to live. Both of them have a steady girlfriend. Not wanting to burden their girlfriends, they acted mean to their girlfriends and tried to break up with them. Is this a noble act?

I disagree. They are just trying to be a hero. If their girlfriends are truly in love with them, by denying them the opportunity to share their weal and woe, it's doing a disservice to them. It's belittling them. If they are not willing to take the burden, then it should be their choice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home