Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Been sometime since I last blogged. Thanx for checking by during these times. There are so much I wanted to say! Now I think I've forgotten 1/2 of them...

Anyway, I received word from my web host that they are unlikely to go ahead with the US$100 for lifetime hosting offer. Instead they are giving lifetime 50% discount for all beta testers. I don't know how much is 50%, if it's too much, I may just change server. Again. Sigh. I hope this time it's less migration as I'll be using Typo again and it should just be a simple transfer of database...

It's been 3 weeks since my server went down. And I still got no idea how much more time they need to fix all their problems and come back online. I'll just have to hold out till they are done and see what's their deal...



ps: If you are confused about the 2nd paragraph, my blog used to be hosted at RailsAppHosting. They are a web hosting that is run on Ruby On Rails and they require some beta testers to test their servers. So I get to host my blog on their servers for free as a beta tester. All was nice and sweet until they decide to go live and take down their servers to do final adjustments which took 3 weeks and counting.

Before they went down, they were saying that they are offering us beta testers US$100 for lifetime hosting which is really yummy.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home