Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Fire works

Happy belated New Year to all! I hope you guys had a fun and enjoyable holiday, as well as a fruitful year ahead.

After having gone out drank until late into the night the previous day, I still got up at 7am. Was supposed to meet TH and Sharon for mahjong at my place later. We were short of 1 person. Regular hang out group, Elaine and Sotong both got plans for the day and can't come. So I started asking pp to come my place play mahjong. That and doing a java project for some friends. Anyway, unfortunately, I can't find any person for mahjong.

Then, Elaine told me that she will play if we changed to Sunday (the following day) instead. So we decided to play on Sunday instead. But that leaves us with another problem. What to do for the day. I could have stayed home and do the java projects, but it's a bit, for want of a better word, sian. Sharon suggested going JB, yes JB again, and JB we go.

We met at about 3:30pm at Kranji MRT. There are very little people at the custom this time when we reached there. Those who wanted to go Malaysia for the holidays have mostly done that in the morning or the night before I guess.

I wanted to get this stripped shirt that I saw 2 weeks ago. It's sold in the Factory Outlet at City Square. Unfortunately, it's all sold out except for 1 L size which is too large for me. I wanted to get a S.

Sharon went to check out a Genting promotion where it's only RM$45 for 1 night's stay per person. It's quite cheap, but unfortunately, she couldn't get the tickets for a convenient time.

[IMAGE: Tickets to The Promise]
Tickets to The Promise
Having done what we set out to do barely 1/2 hour after clearing the custom, what do we do next? Movies.

[IMAGE: The Promise]
The Promise
The story is a bit crappy. Overall, the story line is ok, but it's littered with ridiculous scenes. The ending could have saved the story, but instead of using it as a meaningful conclusion, they chose to turn it into another crappy event. Click here for spoiler.



After movie, we went to Pelangi Plaza. I wanted to try rabbit meat again. The last time that I come, it's not cooked nicely. This time I am hoping to try another restaurant, but apparently, that's the only 1 left. So we gave it a 2nd chance.

We went there in a taxi. The driver offers to bring us to some disco that is offering free dinner and free drinks. Sounds like a good offer, but we are a bit skeptical, so we declined.

[IMAGE: Dinner]
Dinner
The rabbit is not nice. At least the frog is nice. The pork chop and veggie is not bad. Don’t think I'll go back there again after disappointing me twice. At least we saw some fireworks outside the restaurant though.

[IMAGE: Passport]
Passport
After dinner, we make our way back home. Again, there are not much people at the custom. We cleared it like a breeze. TH wanted to sing, so we go to Tanjong Pagar Party World only to find that it will cost us $130+ which is very expensive. So we left. We had our countdown outside the party world. So happening.

[QUICKTIME: Fireworks]

After leaving Party World, we managed to catch another display of fireworks. This is much better than those we saw up north earlier.

The 3 of us were wondering aimlessly around. We thought of going to the Boat Quay Coffee Club, so we slowly walk there. We bumped into Kristine along the way. She's going to some KTV, should be the Tea Lover House.

Then, we bumped into a Taiwanese couple. They have just arrived in Singapore for holiday this morning. They asked us for directions to walk to Orchard Road!! And they also enquired about walking to their hotel, which is at Tanah Merah. We were at Hong Lim Garden. Anyway, since we nothing much to do, we decide to bring them to Orchard Road. We barely walked 100m when the lady complained of aches at her foot. It must be her boots. The guy asked us where in the vicinity where they can buy a pair of slippers, of course we won't know, it's after 12mn. So they took a cab back to hotel.

And we continue on our way to Boat Quay.

We passed by a 7-11 along the way, and Sharon went in and find that they do sell slippers. :P

We reached the Coffee Club slightly before 1 am. It's full house. We walked along the stretch at Circular Road. All pubs are full. Just as we were about to give up and go home, we saw this:
[IMAGE: Pit Stop]
Pit Stop
Pitstop Cafe We saw the sign at level 1. It's at level 3. We climbed a very long flight of stairs before finally reaching it.

P1050132It's a decent place. I can't remember exactly, but I think the charges at Minds is slightly cheaper at $2 or $2.50 per hour. It's $3 per hour at Pit Stop. They don't normally open till so late, but since it's holidays, they made an exception. The people there are quite friendly. They recommend us games which are quite fun. They even teach us the games.

[IMAGE: Galloping Pig]
Galloping Pig
This game is called the Galloping Pig.

[IMAGE: Game 2]
Game 2
I forgot the name of this game. Everyday, 12 men will be executed. We supposed to choose which men to save. Different points are awarded to the people we saved and those with the most points after 3 days, wins.

Game 3 I forgot to take pictures. It's arranging blocks on the board in such a way that we cover the most territory.

The games we played there are quite fun. You guys and girls can check it out if you want.

We laze around at their sofa for awhile more before making our way to the bus stop. It's TH's first time taking night bus. He's always been taking taxi. There are a lot of people at the bus stop despite it being quite late. Such is the wonders of the New Year's Eve. Th's bus is NR1, and it came pretty fast. I can take NR5 and Nr8, but Sharon can only take NR5, so I forgo NR8. We waited a long time, and NR5 still do not come. Sharon concludes that it is going to be very packed when it did arrived, so she decided that she';; take NR8 with me to my place, then change to NR5 there. Hopefully the bus will be less crowded when it reached my place.

We reached the bus stop near my place at about 4:30am. We waited until 5am before NR5 came. It should be the last bus. And to make it worse, there's a slight drizzle, and there are a lot of ants crawling on the floor of the bus stop. Some of it climbed up my sandals and bit me. So Sharon and I have to endure the rain. Better that than being bitten by ants.

Finally the bus came, and I walk back and sleep. There's Mahjong next day at 2pm...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second game we played at PitStop was "Guillotine".

1/04/2006 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home