Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I am a very careless and absentminded person. I've lost countless wallets, keys and mobile phones. I've had plenty of near misses as well.

I've also had a lot of friends having a jab at me at my forgetfulness. All these, I can only accept with a smile. How else can I do? I really did lose all those phones and wallets and what nots. Sometimes I wonder why they don't get tired of it. Do they think I purposely lose it? I've tried not to lose too many things, and for a period of time I succeeded, but somehow, it all came back again recently. Many a time, when I left my wallet or whatever behind, a friend picked it up, I wish they would just tap my shoulder and remind me about it. What's the point of silently picking it up and observe how long I took to realise it? They already know I am forgetful.

I hate it when people pick on people's weakness. I've tried not to. I've a Hong Kong friend whose Mandarin is quite bad. It's understandable as she doesn't speak it normally. I've never made fun of her wrong diction.

I am ok with people giving me advice, telling me I should be more careful, even though I've heard it numerous time. But they meant well. I am ok with that. I've another friend who went for interview and did a few things wrong. So I tried to tell her what she did wrong. She took it wrongly and say that I am making fun of her. So I tried not to criticise anything about her again. I hope people don't stop critising me when I do something wrong. But the manner of it does makes a difference. Telling me in the face, "Hey! You careless pig. You forgot the wallet" WHEN I left it behind is good. But keeping it secretly and to prove tat I am forgetful is tasteless.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heng ah.. so u r ok wif me telling u off tt day.. :D

U R CARELESS!!! :p

12/17/2007 11:02 PM  
Blogger Tai Yew Mun said...

*bish*

12/18/2007 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am exactly like this...Its too frustrating lately! Though I am not a superstitious person, sometimes I feel its like a bad luck...I feely terribly awful!

1/16/2013 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home