Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, January 15, 2006

I went East Coast Park for inline-skating again today. Sang Wee and Nicole supposed to go together with me and Sharon, but they got something on at the last minute and they say they'll meet us at East Coast Park instead. But they come at such a late time that we go ahead without them, and they skate on their own. Only managed to talk to them briefly after we finished our skating and we part our ways again.

[IMAGE: Sang Wee]
Sang Wee
No, the bent in the railing is due to got nothing to do with Sang Wee.

So far, all 3 skating sessions did not go smoothly.

At the first session, it's my first time skating, so obviously I'll run into a lot of problems.

At the second session, I thought there's something wrong with the shoes. It seems to be too loose, despite tying the laces to the tightest that Thierry and I can tie. The shoe could have been too big. At the same time, the wheels seemed to be too hard, and I can't glide for long. And it rained just before we skate, so the ground is quite slippery, so the speed is a bit faster when I pushed, but go down pretty soon after that. By the time we finished, I am dead beat.

For this time, the right shoe feels to be higher than the right shoe. Thierry and Sharon also thinks so after looking at my shoes. This made it harder for me to control my skating. And for quite a number of times, I found myself drifting to the right.

I had 2 great fall due to the right shoe being higher. The first time I saw that I was heading towards incoming bikes, and I quickly hit the ground to prevent rolling into the path of the bicycles. The fall itself isn't much, but 1 of the cyclist in the group is holding a video camera...

The 2nd time is due to me loosing my balance while going at a fast speed. I fell hard on my bums, but I managed to break the fall using my hands. If not for the wrist guards, I would be quite badly hurt. This is the hardest fall that I‘ve had.

There's still a slight pain in my knee when I go for this skating session. Luckily it did not worsen after that. Weiling said that I injured my knee by executing T brake incorrectly. This time, due to the problems with the shoe, I found it very hard to even attempt to do T brake, but I managed to do the heel brake properly. I've always had problems with it in the past.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come skating become cycling liao (refer to para beginning with "At the second session...")... Anyway, u shld learn to use heel brake before going to T brake.

1/16/2006 5:56 PM  
Blogger Tai Yew Mun said...

Oops. Paiseh.
updated.

1/17/2006 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home