Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, January 08, 2006


I’m supposed to meet Sharon at the bus stop at 12:30pm. But some file transfer with Thierry was pretty slow, and I want to wait for it to finish and bring it out to show Sharon. Anyway, I was late, and met here at about 12:45pm instead. We were supposed to meet at the bus stop and take bus 196 together. As I was walking to the bus stop, I got an sms from her saying we just missed the bus. It takes me 5 minutes to walk to the bus stop. I conclude that I don't have to rush and as the next bus not likely to come soon.

But alas! As I was at the traffic man waiting for the green man to appear, I see 196 approaching! Not wanting to miss this as well, I started running. This is a bit tricky as cars are still coming from the my right. Managed to cross the road safely, and run like I never run before to the bus stop. Luckily Sharon saw me running early enough and asked the bus captain to wait.

We reached East Coast Park about 30 minutes late. But only Thierry is there. Raymond came over soon. FL, Irene and hubby Colin had gone to buy new blading shoes. We waited a fair bit for them, until when they said they in the queue for payment. We thought that they will be arriving soon, and went ahead to rent our blades. Though Thierry have his own pair of blades, he did not bring them as it was raining and he do not want it wet.

[IMAGE: ECP sea view]
ECP sea view
The sea looks pretty today. I tried to take panorama picture using my camera but can't. The light is too bright to see what image is being captured.


[QUICKTIME: Fireworks]

A short clip of me blading. This was my best movement for the day. It doesn't mean much. But before that I was trying to get used to the shoes. And I find my waist pouch affecting me as well. Luckily both Thierry and Raymond offered to carry it for me. PS: I am in light maroon and I am not the gilat person in red appearing at the start of the clip. That's just a showoff.

[IMAGE: Sharon, Raymond and Thierry]
Sharon, Raymond and Thierry
Blading feels awkward at first. The shoes feel weird as well. I managed to get used to it after some time. Sharon had improved quite a lot.

We blade all the way to the end near Fort Road and turned around. Met up with the 3 latecomers along the way back, and they went back with us. Think they barely blade for 1 hour total.

[IMAGE: Slippers]
Slippers
We went to Macdonald for some drinks after that. Just as we were to leave for dinner, Raymond discovers that he left his sandals in this Macdonald earlier when he had lunch. And he has already removed his blade shoes, so I went to the counter for him to enquire about the sandals. Fortunately, they have it, else he will have problem leaving the place as he does not have any other pair of footwear.

[IMAGE: Dinner]
Dinner
We came to this place for dinner on Raymond's recommendation. He says that they have a Guinness Pork Chop that's quite nice. It's along East Coast Road, near to 5 Star Chicken and Boon Tiong Kee.

[IMAGE: Legs]
Legs
Anyone wants to guess who these legs belongs to?

 This is 帝皇苗. Not bad.
 This is Yam Ring. I love yams and yam rings.
 This is 芙蓉蟹蛋. Not bad also. I've tasted better though.
 This is 鸡精田鸡. It’s plain steamed frog leg, and they poured a bottle of chicken essence over it. It’s not nice. We preferred 姜葱田鸡.
 This is Guinness Pork Chop. Not bad. I've had Coffee Pork Chop before. Thought that is more nice, but the rest likes this.
 This is 沙锅姜葱猪肝. I did not have much of this, Feeling quite full. Had just 1 piece towards the end. Too well done for my liking.


Overall, I don't really like the food there. Maybe, Sharon and Thierry wants to comment on what they think of it.

We went to Pitstop Cafe again after dinner. Colin drives Irene, FL and Thierry there while Raymond, Sharon and me took a cab. We reached there first. They arrived much later. While waiting for them to come, Sharon discovered that she has lost her 3-month-old Samsung mobile phone. We called her number and find that the phone is switched off. That's bad. It probably means that someone found her phone and has switched it off, meaning the person has no intention of returning it.

[IMAGE: At Pitstop Cafe]
They do not have much games for 7 person. They recommended Bohnanza. It's a bit boring, though it's probably used to us not familiar with the game, taking too long to think and it takes a long time to get your turn.

We did not complete the game. I tried to get them to play Carcassone, which I think is a nice game, unfortunately, the rest prefers more brainless kind of game.

The people there are quite friendly. They recognized us when we arrived. They were full house then, but they find seats for us to sit while waiting for a place. Other than us choosing the wrong games to play, it's quite a good experience again.

There's another damper to the evening. My knee has always been a bit problematic. I once walk around with a bad ache at the knee for 1 whole day. But mostly, it's just niggles. This afternoon, while blading, I feel that it's a heavy load on the knee, but I did not think much of it. The load on it should be similar to when I played soccer I thought. The knee did not feel too bad after blading. But at night, as I was to leave Pitstop, i feel the knees getting worse. The pain is now comparable to what I discovered the last time. I hope the knees get better in the morning. It's still pain now.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, your leg feeling better? *sweat* your this post title got quite a number of typos.... maybe too tired and typo alot....

anyway cant see your blading actions duno why hahaha..... maybe when i go back SG then try and view it ba.....

1/08/2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Tai Yew Mun said...

Haha!
I run the article thru winword, but forgot about the title!!

knee getting better, but still abit pain.

1/10/2006 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm icic...... take care!!!

1/10/2006 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home