Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Friday, January 06, 2006

I once heard this piece of advice being given to a friend. Say this to yourself whenever you take offence at something your friend said or do.

I did not realize it at that time, but I think it's such a useful advice. Everybody is different. And people always say the wrong thing. What you perceive from the words of friends that is hurtful may just not mean tat way to the speaker.

I am not a Christian, and if my friend gives me a Christmas present, or wishes me Merry Christmas, it's not an insult to your religion. If my friends say that I am black/white/fat/thin/etc, they are not saying I am ugly. When my friends did not invite me to an outing, they are not trying to ostracize me.

It's too easy to read the worst out of other people's actions, especially when you have low self-esteem. It's quite stupid to get into an argument or get all moody due to self-perceived betrayals that are not there. It also makes our friends wary of us and drifts away. We should have faith in our friends.

And if the “self-perceived betrayal” is really a true one, then it's time to do some soul-searching.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home