Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Monday, September 25, 2006

The barflies were talking about this nice western-food-stall-in-a-kopitiam called Botak Jones. They have 3 branches at Tuas, Ang Mo Kio and Clementi. So when I have to meet Pi Elle for dinner to pass her some stuff, I suggested the Botak Jones in Ang Mo Kio.

Yue Hua Kopi Tiam
It's actually at Blk 606, Ang Mo Kio Ave 5. Looking at the street directory, the nearest MRT is Yio Chu Kang. It's some walk. Got to cross a bridge, walk past a big car park, cross the road, walk behind a HDB block, cross another big car park, walk behind another block, and I see 1 end block 608. The coffee shop is at the other end.

There are a lot of people at the coffee shop, and I have to walk around for a bit before finding an empty seat. And it was 8:30pm. And Pi Elle arrived at 9pm.

Botak Jones
We ordered a steak and a lamb. The steak is 200g and cost $13. The 200g lamb cost $10. Although there's only 1 person in the queue when I ordered, we have to wait quite long before our food arrives. There must have been a lot of orders before that.

The lamb is really nice. The steak is not bad, though I would prefer it to be thicker. But for that price, the quality is really good. Especially the lamb. I wonder how is their other items. They have a pretty wide selection for a western food stall in a kopi tiam.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home