Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Friday, September 23, 2005

Just went to Clarice's Dad's wake. Appparently, they discovered he got liver cancer about 5 weeks ago. It was already in the advanced stage. After trying means to be cured, they finally resigned to the fact that he's gonna die about 1 week before he died. He left us on Tuesday, 20th Sept 2005 at about 2am.

I remmebered one of the composition title I have to do during secondary school times is what I will do if I only have 1 month to live. I don't know Clarice's dad personally, but he's the first person I know that die an abrupt death. Someone in my school died of chicken pox during the holidays when I was in primary school. Someone from my unit died in an accident. In both case, I don't know the deseaced at all. And I was young.

What does it feel like to wait for death? What does it feel like to leave your family when your daughter is still in her early twenties. We don't live forever. The often heard phrase about living everyday as if it's your last suddenly makes sense. I hope that the day that I die, I do not bring with me too much regret.

My condolences goes to Clarice and her family. I hope that they can find the strength to carry on and to bring him honour and pride when he looks down at them from up there. Take care Clarice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Blogger Tai Yew Mun said...

Actually not exactly chicken pox alone. I lazy to write the details. :P

It's actually she kena chicken pox, then she kena another virus, think is the flu, but so long ago, i forget liao.

anyway, it's the 2 virus combined that killed her. her body was weakened considerably by chicken pox, then kena the other virus.

9/27/2005 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home