Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, February 19, 2006

I just read about a wish for a 轰 轰 烈 烈 的恋爱. I would think most of us would wish that, due to all the romantic movies and TV series we've seen. Maybe I am just being picky on the words, but 轰 轰 烈 烈 gave me an impression that it's for a short strong burst. I would like those 一起变老 kind of romance.

In that same blog that I read, there's a mention of 1 half of a couple being terminally ill. This brings to mind an incident a couple of years back that I read from the newspaper. A man got married to his long time girlfriend even though she had only 3 months left to live. Some people will say that it's no point, or that the girl should not do this to her lover, etc. I don't know what went through in the minds of those 2 persons, but I'll imagine the best scenario I can think of.

The thing that the guy wanted most in his life is to be married to his lover, and be able to give her love till the day that either or both of them died. 就算只剩一天,也要好好活. Even if only 1 day is left, he would want to be with her, to give her happiness.

The girl knew that she is dying. She do not want her lover to bear the burden of being a widow when 3 months is all she can give him. But she knows that he would not want to have it any other way. She can't give him a lifetime of happiness, do she want to deny him that 3 months as well? She is not being selfish. She just wanted to use what she has left to love her lover.

This will be the 轰 轰 烈 烈 的爱情. So sad, so 无奈 and yet so beautiful. I prefer to 一起变老, but if I am put into such circumstances, then I think I'll make similar decisions.

Giving is the essence of all relationship, not only love. The same could be said about employer/employee, parent/son, friends, etc. Whatever I do, I will put you ahead of myself, and you'll do likewise. This way, there's balance, and maximum benefits can be obtained for each other. Sounds so logical and unromantic, but if everyone do what I said, then this world will become that bit more romantic.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Blogger Tai Yew Mun said...

But it's not abt heing happpy until you die when start the relationship. It's abt making the other fella happy.

It all depend on the pp. Who's to judge whether the living party will be happier if the relationship got start anot? After the dieing party died, the living one may be very sad, but if he really love her, he gonna be sad whether the relationship got start anot. And those short months may just be the happiest time of his life, which will be denied to him if the girl scared he will be sad when she die.

This is all up to couple to decide liao. Not a easy call, but if me is the living party, i sure hope the ger would not deny me.

2/19/2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Tai Yew Mun said...

nope nope. my point of view is in the dieing party. A dieing party who will take the living party point of view into consideration. The dieing party do not decide for the living party what is best for him/her.

2/19/2006 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home