Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Shadow is changing hotel. She was at Amara Hotel, and she's moving to Grand Copthorne. Or is it called Copthorne Waterfront? It's the Copthorne hotel next to Zouk.

She's checking out from Amara at 12pm, so I should be there slightly before 12 to help her carry her luggage. I was up pretty early, and I have for a solution to a work problem, so I decided to head down to office to solve the problem first. I planned to stop work at 11:30am and walked to Amara. I like walking. I did not managed to solve it in time, but I left at 11:30am anyway.

The noon sun was pretty hot and I worked up some sweat by the time I reached Amara. The walk also took longer than I thought and I reached there right at 12pm. I did not even get to see her room as she's already at the lift lobby of her floor when I stepped out of the lift.

I waited for her to check out at the hotel lobby and then wait for her to go back office to print some document and we went to take a cab to Copthorne. I made use of the porter to hail a cab and to move her heavy luggage into the cab, but did not give him any tips. Me is so bad. Me supposed to be the one carrying...

[IMAGE: View from Grand Copthorne]
View from Grand Copthorne
On reaching Copthorne, again, it's the porter who removed the luggage from the taxi and carry them to her room. I saw Shadow tipping the porter. :P

After that we went Great World City for lunch, then some shopping, then coffee at Spinelli's, then back. She went back hotel, I walked back to office to finish solving the problem.

While solving the problem, I tried looking for kaki to go watch the Liverpool vs. Manure game. I arranged to meet the friend at 7:30 pm at Mohd Sultan. I did manage to solve it the problem before leaving. But it created another problem which I did not managed to do anything about it. I had the Bak Kut Teh at the coffee shop near the bus stop. It's the best I've tasted of them so far though my friend said that it was not as good as before. Either a long time ago, they are very good, or I had been getting the lousy cooks every time...

Just as I was about to leave office, Shadow called me at 7pm to ask me for directions to the place she's meeting her friends for dinner. She also invited me to join her and her friends. Too bad I had just arranged to meet a friend and can't join them.

We watched the game at The Chamber in Robertson Walk.

After the game, my friend wanted to go look for another friend at Orchard Road. I decided not to join them. Shadow is having a drink with her friends in Clark Quay. Since it's nearby, I decided to pop down to take a look.

[IMAGE: Dick-like structure]
Dick-like structure
This stupid dick-like structure is what I see when I reached Clark Quay. I knew they were building shelters for the used-to-be-open walkways, but this design is downright stupid I think. Dick as the pillar, my goodness.

Anyway, Shadow and her friends is just leaving, so I did not join them. Instead I head straight for the office to try solving the problem by this night. I left the office at 12:20am to catch the last bug. The problem should be fixed now.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home