Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I twisted my ankle last Tuesday while playing badminton. That did not stop me from going skating at East Coast Park on Friday and Sunday. This is because I thought the ankle protection of the skating shoes is so good that it's safer to skate than to walk.

Playing badminton is a different story. There's no ankle protection in the badminton shoes, and I don't want to miss today's session. So I got Thierry to help me buy an ankle guard. There's a sports shop near his office.

Unfortunately, he did not bring. So I played on without the guard. It was alright at first, but at the 3rd game, there's some reaction. I thought it's minor and I played another game. By my 5th game, my movement is starting to be restricted by the feeling in my leg, so I tried to move less. Finally, at the 6th game, my ankle gave way and I fell to the floor. I limped out of the court having been thrashed 14-0. The last point is abandoned.

However, me being me, can't sit still for long. After a bit of rest, I went on to play my 7th game. This game I chose my partner well. I did not move that much, but Samwin is able to cover enough of the courts that we managed to win by a comfortable margin. That was the last game of the night.

I guess I'll have to miss the soccer session on Thursday again. But this week is really a bad week. I have a sore ankle, a bad cough, a raspy voice, a sore throat and a slight headache. Grr.

I hope I don't wake up with a terrible pain at my ankle like last week...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home