Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Saturday, August 11, 2007

I saw this in my email recently
From: Z- Jinlee
To: [a whole lot of people, including me.]
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2007 12:17:45 PM
Subject: RE: upgrading iCELL system


Dear Sir/Madam,

As we are upgrading our system and equipments,
we are doing a check on all duplicated and incompleted records for wireless@SG registration
so that when users try to login there will not be errors.
Therefore we need your help and full particulars so as to assist us in serving you better.




Please kindly fill up the informations that are required.

Full name:

IC or passport :

Handphone:


Thank you.

Regards,
iCELL network


I wonder if it's really from iCELL. If it isn't, it looks like they have a staff phishing for data from their database. If it is, then jinlee looks like an incompetent staff. How can you ask for particulars from customer via email? It's so unprofessional. How am I supposed to trust this email? Should at least do a proper page in their website and email me the URL. Moreover, by doing this, she put everyone in the TO field, meaning everyone can see everyone's email, hereby putting us to additional spam risks. How thoughtless of her.

Anyway, I sent an email to iCELL telling them about this. I wonder what they gonna do about this.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home