Stupid Genius

- Making mistakes is our rights, learning from them is our responsibilty.

- "I have no choice" is another way of saying "I've have chosen the easier option"

- Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Thomas A Edison

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Monday, October 15, 2007

I took a 7am bus to KL yesterday (13/10). I got Alex to book the 18 seater bus. I quite like it as there's a lot of space, and the seat can recline quite a lot. However Alex thinks that it's crap. The reason is that the design is so old. With cheaper tickets where the space is smaller, there's less crap. With big space, there's more crap. What crap.

They have inflight entertainment. They have a number of movies and games. It's all hosted on a Linux machine. The stupid thing thing about this system is that after playing a game, you can't get to main menu. You have to hard reset the machine.

After reaching KL, we took a short walk from the interchange to the hotel. My hotel is Swiss Garden. It's a nice hotel. And it's in the middle of Petaling Street and Bukit Bintan area, so it's quite convenient. When I booked the hotel, there's 2 kind of Deluxe room. Prepay on booking or post pay on check out. The prepay option is cheaper, but the post pay option comes with free upgrade to Premier Deluxe room and free internet.

The bad thing is that as we check in, they say that my confirmation order did not state anything about upgrading to Premier Deluxe room. Even though I printed the web site to show them, they said that they can't give me the free internet until they confirmed with the agent company that process our booking. It took them 1 day to settle this as the agent company were not working that day.

I think this is really bad. Whatever the cock up, it's between the hotel and the agent. The hotel should have given us what we pay for and then settle with the agent. Making us wait 1 day for them to confirm the thing means wasting my money for 1 day. This also reflects back on them. After this debacle, how can I trust them again? 1 of the manager, Derrick, attitude towards us is quite bad. I have the impression that he sees us as 2 idiots trying to cheat the hotel. However, in the view that he managed to help us settle the thing in the end, I forgive him a bit. Another manager, Charles, is quite patient.

I am glad that the issue is now settled. Hopefully, the hotel learn something from this. They should have a standing order with the agent that they'll fulfill whatever the customer can prove in print and charge the agent accordingly. Making the customer wait like that gives the hotel a bad name and should be avoided at all cost.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Post a Comment

<< Home